Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Week Off


Do you see them? We are driving up the hill from the KY river on US 27, and this is what I see. First, a head. On the left, a head that looks what I think of as a cross between a lion and a man. I look for this every day for five years. Then, this year, I see a horse head right next to it. Just before the man/lion. Where did he come from?


Now, do you see them? The horse head looks like a chess piece.


Just a little reminder that the Lord is coming back soon. It is a comfort to me to see this every day.

I can't believe it's been a week since I've posted. There have been some major problems with my internet provider, and I've been gone for two days, too! I had the opportunity to go on a weekend trail ride/camp out in the Daniel Boone National Forest with some good friends, and one spouse. (not mine). We rode for 5 hours on Saturday through some beautiful forest mountain top areas, and Sunday for 4 hours through lower country farm areas, then UP a big hill at a 45 degree angle to the mountain top from where we rode home. Only had a few scalded areas on my saddle area, but otherwise in great shape! My borrowed horse, Paris, is a quarter horse who digs her feet in on the mountain going up and grunts repeatedly going down, ending in a snort. Funny! Saturday night we stayed in a friends old house, cooking on the stove and grill and sleeping in a comfy bed. We had a wonderful time, and now I am back home working with Bear.
Yesterday, I asked Bear for a canter from a walk, to which he responded with a few trot steps, then a nice canter which got faster and faster and faster! OK, let's walk! He's trying at least to be obedient. He also enjoyed very much the Georgia peach I got for him, slurping it down and looking for more.( I got a carton at the fruit stand for $1 for bruised ones). They may last another day...
Carrie missed me badly, but had a chance to bond with Bud. Now, they are on better footing with each other,and she dances around his feet,too.

No comments: