Saturday, July 18, 2009

Carrie Dances, Bear Prances


Too bad I can't carry a camera while on horseback...I rode Bear for the first time in over two weeks. Unfortunately, I decided to not tie Carrie up while riding, due to her extreme unhappiness in being so tied. So, I ride Bear out of the barn paddock and Carrie is doing the dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy around and about the Nutcracker (Bear and Me). Jumping and twirling and leaping...Baryshnikov would have been jealous of this performance. I spoke sharply to her several times, to no avail. She was making Bear (who had not been around any dogs) a bit nervous, but it may have taken his mind off of me, HA! when Bud asked if I'd like him to tie her up, I agreed with alacrity. Then Bear and I got down to business, trying to ignore the dance of the mares, the digging of the water line, and any other distraction. He bucked twice, very shallow, very slowly, "Immmmm gooooing tooo buuuck nooow"! Ha ha! We ended on a good note after I rode him up and down the hill three times, and he was tired.

No comments: